Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Here We Go

A'ight. So I'm motivated, with many thanks to The Attorneyship.  I'll be starting P90X on Saturday.

Just that decision in itself was difficult though.  As I read through the nutrition guide, I noticed the calendars provided at the back of the book start on Mondays.  I mean, sheesh.  Oppressive, isnt' it?

Today I bought a bunch of gear from Academy and Wally World.  I got:

  • Resistance bands at 20, 30, and 50 pounds
  • A heart rate monitor 
  • Chin-up bar
  • Yoga/aerobics mat
Tonight I'll be developing a meal plan a making a grocery list.  Tomorrow I think I'll swing by the gym at work and have them do a body fat percentage test.

Some questions that are pending in the back of my mind right now:
  1. Where will I workout at home? I guess it depends on the exercise, but I was thinking primarily the garage.  For the plyometric days I might have to move to the living room for the tall ceiling.
  2. What will I do when I'm inevitably travelling on the weekends?  I suppose I'll just have to get everyone I visit on board with me.
  3. Will they be rage zombies or more like the lethargic type?

Oh, so the zombie theme is one way to keep me motivated.  Maybe.  It seems like a fun idea now.  I think I'll also shave my head to get really pumped.  Something about have a #1 buzz makes me feel manly.

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I started my insanity workout yesterday, too. We shall all be in it and motivate eachother! WE CAN DO IT. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. In three weeks we're doing these together! Maybe Courtney and I can do a P90X day with you, and you can do an INSANITY day with us!

    I'm hoping for 28 Days Later zombie-ragers.

    ReplyDelete